...Might want to take a look at some of the past columns (the dreaded "Archives") at I, Cringley. The link is Here

The course is geostrategy and I want to argue that geostrategy is dead, superceded by the revolution in information and technology.
Part of the problem is that you are partially looking for information that is so new, and constantly changing, that tracking it down in written form is considerably harder than "next to impossible". These folks don't write as much as they blog. And as crazy as it seems, oftentimes the best (most timely and the most useful information) is found on gossip sites like "I, Cringley", or at "Slashdot". And pay attention to the comments sections, because there are nuggets of information hidden there.

What you are talking about doing is writing a paper where many of the footnotes potentially could only come from electronic sources. Kind of funny if you think about it.

There's another digital information source I pay attention to, primarily because this guy puts his money where his mouth is (and he's got a big one).

Mark Cuban at "Blog Maverick" The link is Here

When you make a comment like the one below, be prepared to back it up:
Other countries are already ahead of the US in building digital infrastructure and educating their people in new skills for the 21st century.
Might want to read this opinion column at "I, Cringley" dated 08.10.2007. This is "Part 3 of 3" column - The $200 Billion Rip-Off: Our broadband future was stolen

Just a few ideas...