Quote Originally Posted by TROUFION View Post
I bring this up because like many of you I don't see any real radical change here. I certaintly dont like the Gen Scales response from the USA today article: more US infantry riding to battle in vehicles that can withstand roadside bombs... While these vehicles are important the focus should be on the training of the individual soldiers and Marines and developing tactics to defeat the hunter killer teams without blundering along roads waiting to be blown up. We can do better than that form of movement to contact.
You are right that there is no change. What Hezbollah tried to do would have been comprehensible to any WW1 officer.
Where the WW1 officer would have problems is not using 10,000 guns per 50km to flatten every village the enemy occupied.

The vast majority of Hezbollah's tactical concepts are founded on working from within a civilian population. Not something we would ever do.

Stormtroopers could only really ever work on the Western front, once vast amounts of artillery could provide suppression and fog could mask their movement. Huge numbers of Stormtroopers died during Operation Michael when they tried to operate without supporting fires and in daylight or good weather.

Combined Arms still rules supreme, against any opponent.