Exempting the FBI who should be left alone; they have enough they won't be able to do. Cops can't catch terrorists because Cops play too nice and have a follow the law mindset -- that is a good thing -- gotta set a thief to catch a thief. Cops can train people to look for terrs; then the trainees will figure out the rest of it...
Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon View Post
I don't believe that it is, but even so, it is better than using Armor or Artillery officers to train the Iraqi Police.
Amen to that...
...If you train for the mission you can do it in the same way you train the infantry for war without actually having a training war going on all the time.
And that.
Being in high demand does not always equate to using them in the most efficent manner.
That, too...
I will agree that my preference would be to use reserve/guard MPs whose civilian job is as a police officer. This is particularly true with MTT teams. However, no one else seems to think that way.
However, gotta disagree on that one -- I think the same way, and I know others do as well. It is not the best option but it is the best achievable and the cheapest option (cheap in more than just the cost aspect).
I don't think your thoughts are shallow, I just think that the mission could be done once someone decided to do it.
True, he exresses valid concerns but the alternatives are not good -- we've tried most and the just do not work. Or we can dither and stew about it for a few years while doing nothing. That, too is the American way...