View Poll Results: Which entry page do you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the functional version (First Page)

3 37.50%
  • I prefer the site selection method (Second Page)

4 50.00%
  • I don't like either, my suggestion is below.

1 12.50%

Thread: COIN.ARMY.MIL version 2.0 is active

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered User USA&USMC_COIN_Center's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    Hi Neil,

Ouch ! I've been stuck in that situation myself (Treasury Board Comon Look & Feel design restrictions) and, if the bureaucrats have taken control, it is the most frustrating thing imaginable. If it will help any, a couple of friends of mine in the Carleton HCI lab wrote a paper that analyzed the "impression time" of a "first view" (~ 50 milliseconds). If you shoot me an email, I'll be glad to send it off to you (an 1 page executive summary is available here).

Marc
    Don't be too hard on them, they're working hard to make it right. They've been helpful to in many ways.

PM enroute. To everyone else who feels the same, please jump in. I know the CAC web staff could use the input on the design and layout of the public site - soon all of CAC's orgs (CALL, CADD, BCTP, CAL, etc) will move to the exact same layout. No feedback has more credibility than the public's, as stated earlier - and that is who the public websites are for.

Steve, noted on the public content. We're working on what we can make available, and trying to point to open resources like SWJ. The restricted sites have far more content. Even with Frontier 6's sunshine policy, the rest of DoD's OPSEC regs haven't caught up. And no small part is the time we have to invest in its improvement.

Any feedback on the CAC SharePoint site?
    Last edited by USA&USMC_COIN_Center; 03-11-2008 at 09:43 PM.