This comment is for the CAC version of the site.

First of all, there's a lot of great information there, even for an Air Force puke like me. I do have some constructive criticism, however:

1. I found the layout a bit confusing. The various boxes that attempt to categorize all the files don't do a very good job imo. For example, "professional" briefings and articles seem like useless categories - isn't the "professional" the minimum standard? A clearer categorization scheme would be nicer. You could categorize by type - like interviews, training materials, AAR's and other "what we did" types of stuff, doctrine (which you already have), academic articles, etc. There are, I'm sure, other categories as well. An alternative is categorization by scope - from senior level interest to junior. Again, I'm not an Army or Marine guy, but it seems like it would be nice to be able to direct the junior folks to a specific box on the site and say "that is required reading." Same with SUL's and junior officers, etc.

2. There's a lot of duplication - the same, or essentially the same - file in different boxes, or even the same file in the same box but with slightly different names (for example in the "coin seminar files" there's "Afghanistan COIN December 07 Brief" and "Afghanistan_COIN_Brief_Dec_07" which appear to be exactly the same brief.

3. More description on the files besides the filename. You could implement this either with the html title attribute or a column next to each filename. Another useful addition would be either an information cutoff date for the material, the date it was published (for journal articles, for instance), and/or the date it was added to the site.

4. The search box does not seem to work. The "all sites" option gets me the AKO wall, and the "this site" function does not return any results, even searching for "COIN."

5. For those of us in the lesser services without AKO access, some sort of visual cue to tell us which links are AKO only would be very handy. Alternatively, you could give us all AKO accounts

6. Some kind of differentiation or ability to see information that applies only to a particular conflict or theater. For example, I'm focused on Afghanistan right now and while much of the Iraq-specific information is useful, it would be nice to either have a separate Afghanistan category or some way to get all the info on that, or any other, theater.

That's what I see off the top of my head. Again, I was Navy and am now AF, so if I've exposed my ignorance, please feel free to set me straight!