Has anyone else looked at the other options that HRC is pimping for Captain retention? You've got DLI, grad school, Ranger (I need to find out who is taking this one) and branch transfer. Most of these have expired, but I asked HRC to get a rough idea about the most popular ones.

Branch transfer rated pretty high. From what I can tell, since the FAD/CFD process was stuck in artificial emergency mode, most officers weren't getting selected for career field designation outside their basic branch. That meant that a lot of Captains used the transfer option to get into a "non-insignia" branch. Why? I don't know, outside of my own branch. The ones I've talked to that used the option to transfer into mine cited a desire to break the cycle of deployments, only to learn that there's not much difference.

Has anyone talked to some of the Captains that took any of these options? Outside of just love of the lifestyle, what motivates them? What's Big Army doing for outreach? All I got back then was a survey that I maxed out the "Additional Comments" block on, and never heard anything back.