Thread: Fight-Win or Full Spectrum?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default PSYOPS & Public Relations = Voice of America, not "spin"

Psyops and PR - as distinct from spin - are a little understood part of the campaign against our enemies. A friend on this site just mentioned this topic to me as little understood by many who write here.

Being budget conscious as the JCS has to be, vs. General Petraeus in the field, PSYOPS and related public relations (again, not spin) are the tactical and stratetic, long term most cost effective way to deal with Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. The total war on terrorism, is an ideological/religious conflict, as Tom has written in related recent postings here. I have been hammering that point of view myself since day one of 9/11, it is a war being waged due to terrorist kidnapping of Islam as if it were soley theirs to interpret and run!

Guerilla warfare has never been easy to defend against, the ratio you know better than I do (I am Air Force, not Marine or Army) of troops to resist and fight back against guerillas is pretty substantial.

If any older West Pointers are out there you used to study in a textbook sense at West Point lessons about the Civil War's best known guerilla warfare personage, Colonel John Singleton Mosby. Mosby and my late first cousin, Alex Singleton, an Army paratrooper in WW II and Korea, in side by side photos looked like twins, in fact!
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 04-13-2008 at 12:51 PM.