Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Quote Originally Posted by EDEN
The bottom line on this is that we are still organized to fight WWIII; our personnel, training, acquisition, and doctrinal systems have not been changed to reflect current circumstances. This is why everything seems to have become an adhocracy as we struggle to circumvent - rather than modify - the system. This will, eventually, lead to a train wreck of some sort.
This from you:Is way too true. I have heard that efforts to change the organizational structure and the doctrinal systems are underway -- logically, the training and acquisition processes will follow. Worrisome is the fact that no one seems to be addressing the Per system.
I suspect that the WWIII prep mentality is also why we seem to think we need that forward base at the head of the Persian Gulf. BTW be wary of applying logic to the DoD acquisition system. It is not all about getting the troops the right tools to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
[WM, as 'Enery 'Iggins said, "I do believe you've got it!"
Thanks Ken. I wonder why we cannot be upfront about this as our objective. The story ought to be a fairly easy one to tell and can be sugarcoated enough so as to make the hosts not appear to be selling out on their political sovereignty