You’re a company commander, deployed in Iraq. You have plenty to do already, and now the boss is pushing you to start a company intel cell, a “fusion cell,” because his boss is pushing him to do so. And though you’d like to “organize for intelligence,” in David Kilcullen’s words, you don’t have a lot of options. Daily patrols, debriefs, and planning consume the time of your platoon leaders and your platoon sergeants. Your fire support officer (FSO) runs around like a maniac between meetings with sheiks and five projects designed to boost the local economy. You look at your training room … and shudder. Where do you begin?......
I think there is a world of difference between "creating a Coy Int cell" from within the Coy or BG, and having an "Int Cell" (4-6 guys) attached to the company for the duration. I favour bolt-on I-cells with the relevant skills all close to the boil. How you create and sustain such teams is a huge issue.

Perhaps each Brigade could have an COIN Int-Company, that deploys sections down to the company locations, as and when required.