Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
ODB and all Others....

SOCOM has always been the defacto/unnamed joint proponent for SFA. They do it well, although in very small discreet packages. But what is it that we expect of a proponent -- Buehler... Ferris Buehler anyone -- full DOTMLPF integration (across service providers).

I get it Rob, decision made, time to move on... OK, but the question remains what does this decision signal... I thought those were valid discussion points on this panel. Putting this back into its "old bin" does not signal a change in approach, a recognition of the mission's importance from a GPF perspective...

Sorry, this decision said... This stuff makes my brain hurt, who used to do this stuff before, maybe this is a blip and we are making too much out of the past 5 years...

All of which is bad juju... I say again this isn't an attack or even a knock on our friends who wear the funny colored berets -- we all like the crazy uncle who spells his name urinating off the back porch on x-mas day and then eats the slushiest parts (OK that was a swipe, but I can't help me'self) -- this just makes it too easy for those in spaces far higher than ours to go back to yesteryear and dream of corps on corps tank battles.

Was part of a conversation in which the wisdom of making sure that any op which might require SF capabilities included at least one rep from SF for the planning. Makes sense so one would readily agree with the premise.

The problem lies in the other way around. If operations are being planned by SOF which require GPF how realistically can we expect the necessity of GPF reps being at the table to be considered. I mean after all as ODB stated many come from GPF to SF and thus they already been there done that and would reasonably expect that they would be able to consider GPF stuff without need for input.

We may say naw this is a new day and things have changed but the table reserved for SOF element sign I saw in our dining area today speaks volumes to the problems we may encounter. Nothing wrong with wanting to make sure you have a place to sit,

But theres over 50 tables and in the entire time I've been there I haven't seen anyone else do the same. And looking at where I work plenty of fairly important people have been there at one time or another.

Accepting that the decision has been made, I can do but I sure hope someone makes sure we don't end up having to learn the same lessons all over again the hard way, in 10-20. That's our kids and grandkids that will be having to learn it.