Thread: State of Denial

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would reserve comment on the Woodward’s book until I have actually read it however little of what I have read about it seem implausible. That being said I think there is probably a bit of hyperbole to it. For instance the article about the Bush teem hiding the number of attacks, these numbers are out there, the administration just doesn’t advertise them and of course like all politicians the spin like crazy.

Merv-While numbers of coalition casualties have remained steady in the face of increasing attacks, the total number of casualties has increased at a similar rate to that of attacks, leading me to question your theory of a dramatic decrease in effectiveness. In fact the casualty rate appears to be increasing faster than the rate of attacks; of course this is no doubt a result of greater targeting of civilians. However this targeting of civilians only seems to alienate sections of the population from each other thus decreasing the chance of a stable united Iraq in the near future.

http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/pdfs...ortAug29r1.pdf
    Last edited by Stu-6; 10-04-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: computers suck