Thread: AP: 'Jihadist' booted from government lexicon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let me throw in another take on the "lexicon of extremism" issue (albeit one that will make most Americans uncomfortable):

Precision in the War of Ideas

Question A friend sent me that one

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    Let me throw in another take on the "lexicon of extremism" issue (albeit one that will make most Americans uncomfortable):

I'm still working on getting through it. But I think your right about the audiences reception of it, and not yet sure that they would be wrong. We'll see
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur

Sherifa Zuhur's article, Precision in the War of Ideas becomes coherent in the Conclusions and Recommendations section beginning on page 115.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca White View Post
    Sherifa Zuhur's article, Precision in the War of Ideas becomes coherent in the Conclusions and Recommendations section beginning on page 115.
    Hello Rebecca. Can you do us a little favor and introduce your here?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Default Maybe but I'm unsure why it would...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post

Just finished it -- and thanks for linking -- and while I see some minor and totally understandable slanting, on balance it seems pretty sensible and reasonable to me. I can see some objecting to it on iideological grounds but am not sure why it would make anyone uncomfortable...

Default Steve, my compliments to SSI on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Just finished it -- and thanks for linking -- and while I see some minor and totally understandable slanting, on balance it seems pretty sensible and reasonable to me. I can see some objecting to it on iideological grounds but am not sure why it would make anyone uncomfortable...
    Scan reading. Good read and basic common sense. The scarcity of the latter in DC makes it an important read if those who actually need to read it do so. This has to be on AEI's list of banned books.

The conclusions are indeed the core of the book.

Andy Terrill is a good friend. Good to see he served as a reviewer.

Tom