Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
In theory I agree with you. On the other hand, what is this mob going to do when they run into a smaller force with automatic weapons? Will they have the discipline or rage to take the mass casualties before they are in the thick of fighting and unable to flee forcing all to stay in the fight?
I don't think any force is ever going to be armed entirely with machetes. I think the machete will become more prevalent. And I am sure that a mob of thugs will have no qualms about sending some 12-year-old boys to take the brunt of the AK fire, while using a handful of their own AKs to maintain some standoff for the adults, until the opposing guns run out of ammo, and then hack away at the group of thugs that just went black on 7.62.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Buckwheat View Post
I have imagery of Sunnah Insurgent EFPs that are crude, much larger than the Iranian EFPs and made in a local machine shop. Unfortunately, they work too.
I've seen them and seen vehicles hit by them. They are not nearly as devastating as EFPs and I'm pretty sure that they tend to hit their targets less often. But they clearly appear to be attempting to create them. In that regard, I've been wondering if we will be able to quell the Sunni insurgency and "Sunni" terrorists before they obtain this capability and wondering if Iran would see fit to start arming Sunnis with these just to stick another thorn in our butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Buckwheat View Post
Personally, I think 122mm/155mm IEDs tripled up or quadrupled up into Super IEDs are the real AKs (machetes ) of the future as they are cheap simple and have killed FAR more of us than EFP have.
Part of the value of EFPs is that they can be fairly quickly and more easily emplaced (no need to transport bulky, heavy munitions or to exert the time and energy to dig an 8 foot hole without being caught). And so long as an outside, well-financed supplier is willing to give them away (similar to the US with its Stingers, and now Iran with its EFPs), then they remain, for practical purposes, "cheap."