Thread: New Counterinsurgency Manuals

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Counterinsurgency Manual

I did read Lt. General Mattis' opening letter in the front of the work and I have corresponded with him on several occasions regarding the woeful state of training and preparation of Marines for a counterinsurgency. The Marine Corps took a long time to get around to allocating money to train advsiors. There is still no single point of contact since you have MARSOC, I MEF, and II MEF, as well as SCETC who are trying to figure out who is going to train advisors. When I met with Colonel (deleted) last October at SCETC, they were using a 4 inch binder full of Powerpoints that were pulled from umteen locations. I said that a couple of us could pull together a curriculuim and write a decent sent of training materials in a couple of months. It was not until July this year that SCETC hired instructors and I still do not know the state of their curriuclum, leader guides, learner guides, handbooks, distance learning materials. I have been doing this type of work for Fortune 100 companies for the past 30+ years and I know what can be done with limited funds and knowledgeable people. Get past the doctine and get to the training! It ain't that hard, sports fans...except in the military.
    Last edited by SWJED; 10-07-2006 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Deleted name as it is not germaine to the point here.