Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
...That's more than the Soviet Union had as foreign policy sins at its peak.
However since the USSR -- and a few others I cuold name in other times -- have engaged in exactly the same things to a greater extent than we ever have, you blew it when you added that.

With respect to your list, I suggest:

Torture. -- some, not systemic or widespread.

Heating up of international conflicts by threatening other countries (which is illegal). -- Illegal? How so? By what laws? Morally wrong in the view of some, perhaps but illegal? Nah...

Unnecessarily promoting a conflict with Russia. -- That's funny.

Disrespect towards U.N. -- that's even funnier. If you can produce any organization that does more to earn disrespect, please tell me what it is...

Spying on corporations and individuals even in allied countries. -- and you don't? Most other nations don't???

Huge arms sales into crisis regions, to both sides. -- Let me count the Leopards...

Repeated friendly fire on allied troops. -- Yep, we are trigger happy. Poor training, no excuse. Not even that it's a fact of war that can occur even with the best trained troops.

Cheating the world economically. -- Do Daimler and BMW know this?

Over-stressing natural resources with wasteful consumption and economic behaviour. -- that's possibly true; that's why Mercedes and BMW sell so many cars here.
The U.S. government needs to learn respect, quickly. Powers who don't respect others cannot expect good relations.
That's true. We can't.