Crusoe --

I suppose I need to get over my hatred of emoticons and start using them with greater frequency -- or at least start adding some text that identifies when I am being cheeky. For the most part, I was joking about the timing of my post vs. the CSA's message.

In all seriousness, my understanding is that the bulk of Conway's intent was to give MTT leaders a degree of command credit for deploying in that capacity. Any amount is good for my husband's case, because he stupidly did a very long stint at NPS after the world's longest LT tour at 29 Palms, which, taking into account the payback tour, meant that he missed a chance at battery command. Although he's had all manner of BN/Reg. staff positions, he did not like the hole in his experience. So, even if they are not given full credit, when it comes time for command screening, any little bit is going to help. It will also be interesting to find out whether his second MTT deployments helps, is neutral, or hurts. We'll see -- he's up for his first round of screenings this summer.

In the end, having missed his battery command tour, he has enjoyed it, no matter what it what it might mean to his career.

Cheers,
Jill