Quote Originally Posted by Featherock View Post
The post that started this thread is conservative propaganda and not worth the attention of SWJ readers. The discussion it generated is more interesting.
Conservative propaganda is a little harsh. Conservative satire is more like it. Its intellectual value has some merit no different than political cartoons of every flavor. Excluding myself, most of the folks posting on this thread are taking a serious look at the media that the satire sparked. So, I disagree that the post, which started this thread is not worth reading by SWC readers. Without the original post there would be no discussion here. If you found the original post insulting in some way than please elaborate further. To include something written in American society as propaganda is not taking a fair look at freedom of expression. The word, "propaganda" used to describe someone's freedom of expression is a hot button that should be used with caution. Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of every journalist's philosophy on Freedom for the Press. In fact, I would go far as to state that describing the satire as "conservative", "liberal", "right", or "left", is a moot point.