Quote Originally Posted by jkm_101_fso View Post
I don't see how he is a disappointment...what do you mean? Because he agreed to the now-defunct policy of letting him play?

I think the big picture, at least initially, was West Point Football. The original policy (letting him play in the NFL) was designed to attract more quality players to USMA, thus resulting in the program becoming more successful. The policy was reversed, which means at some point, someone "in charge" thought it was a good idea. Apparently they were "trumped" by either a non-football fan or someone who was sick of hearing the collective whining from the force about 2LT Campbell's unique opportunity.
Again all your opinion and that's ok. As for disappointment, an officer that takes an oath during wartime who feels playing football is more important than service fits that bill. I would say the same thing applies to those who framed the policy. DoD does in fact trump Army; whether it was a non-football fan or reaction to comments from the field is debatable.

We will have to disagree that West Point football is "Big Picture".

Finally I would also suggest you avoid the use of "whining" when dismissing other's opinions.

Tom