Besides the forum is Media <stop> Information <stop> and Cyber <stop> unless I'm missing something it is in the right place. Here on this thread people that were in the unit being portrayed or near the unit being portrayed have weighed in. I would really like to see Nathaniel Fick give us his account as I've read his book. But, he's off in grad school or something.

I think about it this way. There are a few movies that have defined for the public as entertainment the horrors of war or the camaradarie. We've had threads about that before. Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now to an entire generation represent the Vietnam War as much as MASH did of the Korean War. Accurate to a fault? I doubt it. Did they give some inkling of the travesty of clean and honorable combat? Likely.

Will Generation Kill become that media portrayal? I can say it is much better than the movie "Jarhead" which should only be watched by Marines while drunk. Comparing Generation Kill as quality to a movie like Platoon to me it is no contest Gen Kill is the winner.