Thread: New Rules for New Enemies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marc, I posted my reply to Tom without reading yours - but the lesson of the contractors is clear where there is some type of worthwhile incentive, people will sign up. Debt reduction in the "now", or long term (I have 4 kids) would be a powerful tool in getting me to volunteer a year of my time - particularly if in that year my hardship was the equivalent to a bad vacation, and one in which I felt I had contributed to something other then my self.

For some humor on a serious subject - We need a name for this service corps of debter/do gooders, any suggestions? "Corps of Engineers" is taken, "America Corps" was already proposed and sounds imperial, the "Selfless Service" is too altruistic, and "Team America" is copyrighted.

How about (seriously) the "Global Service Corps", sponsored by the US, open to CF partners (could offer oppotunities for citizenship - if you are willing to serve then in my book you stand to make a good American (or Canadian)). It does not sound completely unilateral, but we need to consider keeping it out of the UN resource arena - it may commit us to use of force where we prefer not to.
    Regards, Rob
    Last edited by Rob Thornton; 10-27-2006 at 03:56 PM.