Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
You seem to ignore consequently that the current model of exports in exchange for bare promises is much less reasonable than producing for those who actually add the value.
No, I'm not ignoring something. I've simply fallen into the trap of conversing with Fuchs, playing whack-a-mole as you throw out an idea, it gets whacked, and then you just toss out another, and then return to tossing out the original idea, and on, and on.

The standard theory is that lower price = more sales potential.
Yes, but the all-important word "potential" makes that statement different from your original statement that "Excess supply = lower prices = broadened base of customers." But I guess that I'm wrong for not reading your mind and assuming that you meant something other than what you typed.

The black beret example doesn't work well because a black beret factory could easily change its production portfolio - that's why I wrote repeatedly about a time of adaption.
Indeed. And I repeatedly wrote that if economic calamity befalls the US then the disposable income of other countries suffers and they have less money with which to purchase alternate goods. Go ahead and ignore this and repeat yourself again. Maybe if I smack my head against the wall a few times than I will make the mistake of repeating my rebuttal yet again.

A factory usually being owned by companies that have a strong interest to make profit. They won't simply stare at the USA and close the factory because Americans don't buy their goods anymore. They would seek other markets and adapt their production.
And again.

And the IMF has - like the World Bank - a record of being useless in economic theory. Too much agenda and ideology.
Plus; it's a human trait to be risk-averse. Most are. That's why so many people are conservatives. The want to preserve because they fear changes. That's already enough to explain why some sound the drumbeat.
This hand-waving dismissal, like your earlier inane remark about what "the mantra of the TV reports" tell us is highly subjective and vague, to put it mildly.

All else would not be modern economic theory.
I'll leave you to subjectively interpret what is and what isn't. I give up.