Tom posted: it is on line at CSI Press by the way.
Rats! I would not mind paying for a copy if you at least got a drink out of it. Nonetheless, thank you for letting me know it is available on-line (don't know how I missed it) I will get round reading it in the sort-of near future and will definitely look for your account of the briefing you mention. Interesting, though, is that this points to the Army's long standing wariness about getting CAS from the USAF.

On the lack of AT munitions, my view that the airborne would not be simply a 'speed bump' stemmed in no small part from my assumption that the 82nd would have had at least adequate AT capability munitions (and air support). Once again I was obviously wrong.

My take on the light versus heavy issue on restore hope was there was very much a "put us in, Coach," mentality
Thank you very much for this. I am aware of the issue later in the operation that resulted in Aspin resigning but not at the start. There is a hint of parochial intra-service tribal rivalry in your observation which potentially converges with Ken's observation (do I detect an emerging theme in this?). So I will at some point poke around the literature on Restore Hope to see what I can find, if anything, on this.