Quote Originally Posted by kaur View Post
Stan mentioned.

Estonian population is 1,4 million. Fact is that there are approx 93 000 Russian citizens, 110 000 persons wihtout citizenship. Rougly there are 25 percent Russian speaking persons. They are not all Russians. There are Ukrainians, Belorussians, Georgians, Chechens etc. Most of them don't share Russian official opinion.

Oeh, I'm already tired to explain this question. Every kind of waitresses and hotel servants share such spam
jõudu !
While I wholeheartedly agree with you (and I am fairly sick of telling ethnic Russian here I have no need to learn Russian, as we are living in Estonia), as the author points out, it's definitely one of several sore points with the Kremlin and viewed by many as a potential powder keg.

We should also point out to the uninitiated that these "stateless" people are not running across the border to obtain Russian citizenship, and Russia is not handing out passports either. Perhaps one of the singular reasons we had far less than the typical Russian 5 to 21-day incursions.

Terv, Stan