I know several soldiers, including myself, who have served 20+ years with disqualifying conditions, to include in combat, that just don't matter, in a "real" combat situation, versus some MSC doc's fantasy scenario.

Frankly, the medical quals are more or less irrelevant. (Short of terminal cancer).
Thank you 120. Another is minor MH diagnosis. I served w/ ADD while on medications and know that ADD medications are part of the deployment formulary, since as a behavioral Health Section Sergeant I had to help order them. Yet when I went to re-enlist last year, I was told I could not since I was on those same ADD meds, regardless of the fact that my ASVAB score was before I was diagnosed with ADD and that I had already deployed since the diagnosis. I have had to quit my meds for a year so that I can re-enlist next month. Another factor that would really really help the military get quality personnel would be if they quit treating prior service like unwanted lepers. Why is it better to give a wavier to a H.S. drop-out with a criminal record, then it is to re-train a prior service soldier that tried the “real-world” and decided he preferred military service? Grrrrr, better step of my soap box and take a tranquilizer before I break something.
Reed