Thread: GOP Erred in Naming SEALs at Convention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I was a cop I worked for a non-partisan judge for about 18 months. An ancient in local politics the judge would during elections have a long string of party sycophants trailing into his chambers. I watched as his singular wit rebuked one after another of these party weasels. Both sides, and back again they got rebuked.

The judge told me one day over coffee that when you wield the Constitution like a sword taking sides is the most dishonorable thing you can do. I can't imagine that those who actually wield that sword and enact the will of a civilian government can feel any different.

I think the road of a partisan military is a dark and scary path.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    I think the road of a partisan military is a dark and scary path.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Sir, what the hell are we doing?

Default You're good at standing out,

But can you blend in ?

I've attended countless receptions overseas and abroad in 23 years of active service, but where and when I wore my Blues was always common sense to me.

The press and political parties took advantage of an opportunity that should have never been made available to them. If we think those folks are slick, wait til you get a taste of foreign Bravo Sierra at its best!

Ignorance of the regs is no excuse to anyone above the grade of E-1.
    If you want to blend in, take the bus