Thread: Global Attitudes to 9/11

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Brynen View Post
    The statistics are about what I would expect. Still, I never can quite get my head around why there is such a desire to deny what happened. Even here in the US it is unbelievable the amount of people who are into these conspiracy theories. I'm tired of people telling me the hole in the pentagon was too small for an airplane to have crashed into it. You wouldn't believe how effective showing them them scale drawings of the building and the plane is. I remember listening to Rutherford on September 11 a few years ago when I was in Calgary. Lots of people were calling in with conspiracy theories, etc. I remember one caller calling in and claiming that the plane would have made a bigger hole. I remember Rutherford saying, (something like this) "I don't know if you understand just how big the building is. Three planes could fit wingtip to wingtip on one side of the building." The guy really just didn't get (or bother researching) how big the building is. I always find it somewhat ironic that construction began on the Pentagon September 11, 1941. I know this is a tangent and has been off point, but I really find it interesting how being ignorant to such details can effect peoples opinions so much.

I miss Rutherford and Breakenridge. They were among the few shows anywhere that really report and discuss the news.

Adam L
    Last edited by Adam L; 09-11-2008 at 05:32 AM.