I posted other;

I would open dialogue with Syria. The Syrians misread alot of indicators out there. I think we should open com's with them as a counter to Iran, who is a regional power. Syria's complicity in the Iraq insurgency is based more on their ineptitude as state tha outright maliciousness. This is based off of some people I know who recently spent considerable time in Syria. furthermore, I think we can focus on some "conventional" military thought. The concept of isolating the objective. We know what areas wracked by violence and what isn't. I would isolate Anbar, Babil, and Baghdad utilizing our advantage to put ring around the area, something along the line of the French policy "quadrillege". I would shift Iraqi units to the bordwe of Anbar and Syria (the Shia ones), I would send the Kurdish unit to the southern border opposite the Iraninan border. If the congress wants to up troop levels to get it done, call up the NG, leave them in the U.S. as a strategic reserve. Send another 3-5 brigades AC to Iraq to assist in the cordon. The lesser populated and travelled region of the desert could be cordoned utilizing sensor and aerial surveillance. Two brigades running patrols to isolate the Anbar broders internal to Iraq. An additional MEB to help clear areas. The remaining Army BCT's would assist in Baghdad. I have more to this, but this is the cliff-notes version.