Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
Maybe someone more knowledgable than me knows the answers to these questions. A few statements in the NY Times article don't sound right to me.

1) If the operation was conducted by "American Special Operations forces" then why was it mounted "on orders from the Central Intelligence Agency"?
Dunno, doesn't make sense to me either.

2) If the operation was conducted by "American Special Operations forces" then why did they use "Black Hawk helicopters" whether "specially equipped" or not? Aren't MH-53's their vehicle of choice?
The MH-53's were retired last month. From the cell phone video I saw, I would guess these are MH-60's - they look and sound like 60's and it sure sounds like a minigun firing to me.

3) If those facts are wrong, then what else did the "American officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the secrecy of the raid" say in a manner that was incorrectly conveyed or received?
I have a few thoughts on "American officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the secrecy of the raid" but unfortunately I can't repeat them on a family-friendly site.