Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
I think the biggest problem here is how to make sure this results in well-rounded officers who have a combination of solid leadership experience and educational experience. I suspect that the gung-ho Ranger types will flock to Regiment and the egghead types will flock to Princeton. The real problem, in my opinion, is how to get the eggheads to Regiment and the gung-ho folks to Princeton. And it needs to be something more than telling the eggheads that Regiment will look good on their ORB and telling the gung-ho folks that they will get some time off to hook up with college chicks.
I disagree. You can not have every officer be good at everything. It is part of the problem of the current officer promotion system. More productive would be getting the "egg-heads" to the jobs that they excel at, and having them available and valued as advisors and leaders. Up or out kills most of them off at around the BC level if I am hearing the council members right. I would rather keep them in non-leadership positions longer then lose them entirely.
Reed
Sorry for the rambling nature of some of my posts, sleep deprivation is starting to catch up.