I am having difficulty getting the link to load, but I an very familiar with Mr. MacGregor’s Combat Group Concept. Regardless of how you feel about the total concept, there are really good ideas tucked into it. Flattening the command chain, a separate expeditionary combat support group, instead of trying to shoehorn everything into the BCT, rotational readiness (that’s one of my soap boxes btw) and a focus on capability. The main negative is a strong focus on conventional war fighting, but that has some justification as well. My main disagreements with Col Mac are on the nuts and bolts TO&E issues, not the main concept philosophy.
UPDATE: it loaded, looks like he has fixed and improved his concepts quite a bit. I thought the quote "Some wars simply should not be fought" was telling. Too bad he is still using those ridiculous Clancy like hypothetical operations to show concept viability. I noticed an increase in infantry in his concept, this is good. I question his "rapid prototyping and fielding" concept and some other aspects, but overall I like what he has to say
Reed
P.S. anyone mind if I invited Col Mac to the forum?