Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
This article reviews the case, but provides little in new evidence other than the alleged radio mentioned in the second paragraph. The article also outlines the interest in the case by NATO Security - damage assessment time. So, if that part of the article is accurate, someone did something very bad.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...590891,00.html
As I indicated above, I have little to no knowledge of him ever getting ahold of anything from the USG above EFTO (for you civilians that's Encrypted For Transmission Only).

... where he was responsible for the secret coordination with NATO and the EU
He was barely involved with anything PFP/MAP/NATO (he never even had user access to my server, satellite connection and traffic). When I left the MOD in 2003, his job was more of a building security manager than a classified holdings officer. I'm having a hard time remembering if I ever saw an approved document safe in his office.

The parliament member's statement is way off. The dude was already behind bars before Georgia happened. Even after Georgia's short war, the communications between MFAs were little more than various requests for assistance. Some of us responded faster than others to include open press releases - certainly not classified assistance.

I don't doubt for a second we have Russian spies recruiting here, but I have a real hard time with the potential for over access to what NATO calls sensitive. To echo Eric's comments, What ever happened to "a need to know" regardless of one's security clearance levels?