In that referenced earlier thread, Featherock said; "...Under the law he's wrong. And the law is all we have."

I responded "... B. Your under the law statement is correct -- if it's proven he was wrong; guilty until proven innocent is not a good plan. C. The law is not all we have." So I obviously agree with you in principle

You said
"If you consider the equity of outcomes, I am finding it more and more difficult to push western "law" as being superior to "honor". After all, under Western law more often than not, the one with the most cash wins. Also, the one with the best I/O campaign in the press often appears to win."
and I strongly agree with that. There are many who believe that the 'rule of law' is a universal fact -- it is not. They also believe that such rule is necessary for peace and tranquility -- it is not. Further, they seem to believe that if a law is written and codified that all will obey other than a very rare occasional and aberrant person -- not realizing that is far from correct; more laws are ignored than obeyed.

I always wonder how many that strongly invoke "the rule of law" and push for various foolish -- even stupid -- laws that try to direct human behavior and mores are themselves closet speed limit breakers, cheat on their taxes or wives, sluff parking meters or throw trash on the street...

Lastly, you say "
On the topic of International law, while it is often advantageous to appear to be adherent to that mythology, in truth, Nations still "do what they can, and suffer what they must", and international law is still a bad joke. Especially with the rise of the non-nation actor and apologists for non-nation criminals, such as the Somali pirates. Except for the occasional dead pirate, the Somali pirates will never pay any legal cost for committing piracy. In this way, they expose the laughable nature of "international law."
Excellent example showing the futility of the rather ridiculous belief that "...the law is all we have."

If it weren't for a sense of individual honor, not a single law would be worth the paper it was printed upon. Honor transcends the law.