Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
I am not sure who said it but I disagree with the law is subjective quote. Good law is very objective. There is nothing subjective about shooting someone who is in custody. What I think he meant to say was "mitigating" circumstances, that is what the lawyers would argue in court. jmm99 this is straight up your alleyjump on in.
So-called "good law" is only "good" if you share the same cultural background and decision-making process. If you look at it without emotional loading, our "laws" are more like a form of pricing. If you want to murder someone, there is a price tag attached, which price is completely negotiable. "Mitigating circumstances" are a euphemism for "bargaining" on the final price.

If one's culture requires vengeance, (which, of course, is primitive and inferior to our incredibly perfect and objective Western Legal System [tm]) then being prohibited from putting down someone who needs it, badly, whether in confinement or no, that pesky law prohibiting it, is highly subjective in nature.

So lawyers are pretty much useless for debating the "rightness" or "wrongness" of law. They are only the minor functionaries whose job is to debate the price.

Of course, you can always "steal" the "product" by getting away with the crime.

Of course, in reference to Slapout's subjective versus objective argument:

There is nothing subjective about shooting someone who is in custody.
How about when the government decides they can shoot someone who is in custody?