Since the Blackwater guys are going to Federal Court, I suspect they are going to be charge for violations aginst the Rules of Law (read MEJA here). I have a feeling that this is going in the same direction as the Sgt Nazario case. Sgt Nazario and two of his squad were charge with killing 4 prisoners during the battle of Fallujah under the new MEJA (MILITARY EXTRATERRITORIAL JURISDICTION ACT). In the Nazario case, since there was no evidence, the prosecutor used judical waterboarding (GI Wilson and William McNulty terms) to try and get the Marines to roll on one another.
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/0...dicial-wa.html
Looks like the same scenario here. It will be interesting to see what evidence the government does have to support the charges. This gets back to an issue I would love to discuss: What applies here the Rules of Law or the Law of Armed Conflict (Rules of War). I think the political powers are finding they can't get their scape goats under the Rules of War and, consequently, they are running to their mama's political civil law bosoms.