Thread: Military Staff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    The MDMP should be taught at BNCOC and at OBC.
    It doesn't happen often, but I disagree with you here, at least for the OBC part. After 2 years, 19 classes and 1500 lieutenants, there is no way they could comprehend MDMP adequately to even give a familiarization. They have difficulties grasping TLPs, let alone MDMP.

As for American Pride, I'm not going to respond to a great deal of your "points" below. You remind me of a PL who I relieved. You're arguing a better way without knowing what the current way is really all about and, seemingly, for the sake of argument.

I will say this: You've decided in your mind, without experience or operational relevance, that the Army command system and staff climates are inadequate. I would argue that they are very good. However, your biases will not serve you very well in a learning environment and will likely piss of your first series of bosses. You're a thinker, which isn't all bad (also, as indicated by your 156 posts thus far, go back and see how many of them began with the statement "I think" or "I thought." I did. A good deal of them). But you're a new lieutenant, and you aren't going to "fix" the army in your first 6 months.

In all honesty, the subject for your paper is well above your head.

A bit of advice: You haven't been trained nor have you adequately researched the doctrinal backing of the current staff products, principles, or methodology. You have, however, formulated preconceptions, biases, and assumptions in your head. I appreciate your ability to ask questions; I do not admire your flimsy stances based upon no experience or research. If your intelligence analysis at the tactical level in the future is conducted in the same method (ie. preconception without fact) you will get people killed. Given you might turn out to be my BICC or S2 that, to me, is of grave concern.
    Last edited by RTK; 01-08-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Example is better than precept.