View Poll Results: Which ISG Option Would You Choose?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Set a timetable for withdrawal

2 10.53%
  • Enter into negotiations with Syria and Iran

4 21.05%
  • Encourage the legal trisection of Iraq

5 26.32%
  • Replace Prime Minister al-Maliki with a "strongman"

0 0%
  • Other, please explain below...

8 42.11%

Thread: Iraq: Strategic and Diplomatic Options

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recruits lining up have been a prime target for years. They clean up the mess and get right back in line. The Iraqi government is having the same problem as all other types of wars like this one. The security forces are taking in bad elements. But I doubt the lines that are getting attacked are the ones with these bad elements. As for why they wait in these lines? I imagine it is for the same reasons our own servicemen join the military or take on a job in law enforcement. The reasons are a varied multitude. In Iraq, wouldn't you assume they are getting in line for security? As for the media, good news is no news. Most media elites loath the military and think that most people can care less about patriotic Iraqis. I have not seen any of these cowards approach one of these lines and ask people why they are standing there. They sit on their asses in safer waters and take in hearsay and half-truths without any verification. This is why the Iraqi government has set up a new arm of government to rightly force the media to file retractions for made up stories. Like the one about six Sunnis being drug out of a mosque and set on fire while still alive while security forces just stood by. There is no truth to that entire report and the AP, for example, doesn't have to retract it.
    Last edited by Culpeper; 12-02-2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling