I also see the terrorist war as relevent, especially in how he mentioned the cities as the major area of operations. That's exactly what we are dealing with in Iraq.

More than anything else, and I might be oversimplifying this, but the article does not address the issue of popular support of the counter insurgent from the counter insurgent's home country.

I think we have over analyzed the insurgents and terrorists, I think that we fully understand how they operate, their TTP change, but that has always been. Now is the time for us to analyze why is it that America can't seem to muster the starch to support their own military in a counter insurgent role. Especially when that support requires absolutey no sacrifice in their daily life? America has always stood for, indeed, proclaimed publicly that it will work toward the liberation of the oppressed and for the spread of democracy, every president of the modern era has expressed this ideal to wild cheers from audiences the world over. Now, here we are in the middle of such an effort, and America seems to have misplaced it's collective backbone. I tell you, I'm at a loss. We can put down the insurgency in Iraq, to me, it's simply a matter of being patient, and supportive.

The article was interesting, it didn't offer anything we don't already know. What I found significant was that it was written during the Vietnam War and that most of it is as relevent today as it was back then.

I've come to the conclusion that a small number of people have managed to frame the argument over the Iraq war. I've also come to the conclusion that the real opposition to the war isn't so much over the war itself, but opposition of Bush. I think there are just enough Democrats out there still so angry over the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004 that their top priority is to deny any modicum of success no matter how small, but especially the war in Iraq to the Bush Administration. I may be over simplifying here, but I think there is a good deal of truth to it.