Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
In another thread (on military staffs), I mentioned I'm involved with a project for MIOBC. After some consideration, I have decided to switch subjects from military staffs to war-gaming insurgency.

Here's the gist of my argument:
The Army requires a simple, flexible, and objective tactical decision simulator in order to enable officers at all echelons to study and understand the complex environment of counter-insurgency warfare. The Army should create a browser-based, common-access multiplayer COIN simulator.
My focus will be on practical questions: time, personnel, resources, and most importantly IMO, usability. Using a common-program language (such as javascript or PHP), the Army IMO will be able to create an user-friendly, inexpensive, tailorable, and effective COIN simulator for any officer or any rank.

Thoughts?
I trust the inner quotation above summarizes the two conclusions you plan to draw from this analysis, not your thesis. By the way, without a significant amount of new argument, I do not see how you can infer your second, normative (should create . . .) conclusion from your first, descriptive one. I'm also interested in seeing what kind of premises you intend to marshal to show that the Army needs a "tactical decision simuilator" to train "officers at all echelons." Why do folks working at higher echelons, where they should be doing stuff at the operational and strategic levels, need training in tactical decison making? Ojne last point--no decision is objective IMHO. Each varies depending on the character of the decider and all the aspects of METT-TC knownto and/or understood by the decider at the time of the decision.

Good luck. But you seem to have predetermined your conclusion.