Thanks for the suggestions Meh. I have Operation Flashpoint, and it's a great game IMO. No doubt, part of the appeal in gaming (and presentations in general really) is graphics. And that's definitely a hurdle. I do intend to make the game as democratic as possible, allowing users to create scenarios to fit their unit's needs, to store them in a database, and to allow others to access and modify them as necessary. I'm sure it sounds incoherent right now, as I plan on completing the concept sometime this week, and then start coding.

I do not intend to have any AI in the program -- everything will be user-driven. Military units, the enemy, civilians, NGOs, and so on. I'll flesh out a clearer and complete game concept at the end of the weekend. My friends and I have been working on a similar concept to model the Dune universe -- and so I'll basically be reshaping some of those concepts to fit my needs here. Here's an example of something similar -- but of course be tailored for the military (US Army) audience.