My point was not that CAP needs to be "modernized," but rather that the basic concept be examined and used where and when appropriate and modified IF that is needed. The community policing example is one that I had intended to draw as well. It has been demonstrated time and again that radio cars alone do NOT provide a good picture for law enforcement. Since a fair percentage of SW activity can be seen as law enforcement (or something similar to that), it stands to reason that we should look to the LE community as well for lessons and tactics that might prove useful.

The biggest issue with maneuver warfare is that the USMC sees that it is the way to go, while the Army has not yet reached this point, IMO at least. The beauty of maneuver warfare is that its basics can be applied to almost any sort of conflict you encounter. I would argue that maneuver warfare is a system for approaching any sort of warfare you encounter. It may require adjustments in some particulars, but the profecient user of MW will come out on top in most situations.