plus, I, for one am not sure what your question is. I read the linked testimony -- didn't agree with all of it but do agree with some of it. I read it -- and my basic thought on that was "that's a way -- but it wouldn't be the smartest thing we've ever done." He's got some good ideas and some that won't fly. He is correct in that SF is the premier IW / FID / SFA element (and doesn't really hit on the fact that they're being misused). He wants SEALS to get FID, etc. training -- dumbbb -- with three 'b's. I do agree with him on much of his AFSOC stuff but it isn't likley to happen. Also agree on JSOC.

Thus, your link discusses SOF expansion (which IMO is not a good idea) and, as you say brushes over the stated question: How do we employ the GPF in IW/SFA. Martinage says the GPF should be doing more -- but I think he does not know (he certainly doesn't state) that the GPF are today doing the bulk of the FID/SFA work in Iraq and Afghanistan (two areas that took most of their effort and capability).

You mention a few examples of GPF operations in that type of effort, how they would contribute and I get the sensing that you could name more -- but I then do not understand why you're asking "how do we do this"....

Sorry to be dense but I truly am not sure what you're looking for.