Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Massengale View Post
I wish we had the same ability to turn around... where I'm at, JAG still gets to review and process the packet, not the orderly room. Which in many cases doesn't give a time advantage compared to a CO of FG. Thus, first lines get tempted into the same cycle with "corrective training" and no due process.
Wow. I wonder if some commanders abused it and so a brigade commander required the processing through JAG. My brigade never had a problem with it since we made sure that the summarized was simply an escalation from formal counseling (i.e, the first your late to formation, verbal counseling/corrective training, the second time put it on paper, and the third time it was a summarized Article 15, provided there wasn't extenuating circumstances and that the offenses occured relatively close together). It might be something to rengage with your commander to see if there was some abuse that resulted in some knee jerk reaction or if that's just the way it always was and nobody thought to challenge it.