Thread: Pakistani internal security (catch all)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default Current tense Taliban further Swat/NWFP/Islamabad continued invasion plans

http://www.khyberwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6466

This article dateline 4/20/09 from the blog site Global Hujra Online (a part of the KhyberWatch.com site) gives a chilling, blunt, and factual picture of how the Taliban terrorists have been setting up in norhtern Pakistan ever since the 1990s with the aide and assistance of the national government and even provincial governments of this troubled now lawless area of Pakistan.

The article moves to the conclusion that the Taliban are now organized in brigade strength and are soon, within a matter of weeks, to attempt an invasion of the City of Islamabad.

Over the weekend I noticed some commentary/letters to the editor of DAWN in Karachi suggesting that the Government of Pakistan withdraw to and again have the capital of Pakistan in Karachi, where it was when I was stationed at the old US Embassy in 1963-1965.

My summary comment: Religious civil war is happening inside Pakistan which even in SWAT and other Northern Pakistan areas the locals and their leaders, the tribal elders, are unable to stop even with force of their own arms. The Taliban are being equipped/supplied with heavy weaponry by the ISI and are capturing NATO destined heavy weaponry enroute to Afghanistan via Pakistan ground routes as well.

Expensive though it may be, airlifting weaponry and ammunition into Afghanistan, bypassing Pakistan, is an immediate necessity in my opinion.
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 04-20-2009 at 12:16 PM.