and with your last post FB, you've talked in such a circle that my head is about to explode.

Kilcullen is moving regimental/battalion level functions onto combat companies, who are neither staffed nor trained for this level of complex and technical operations.
We all know that a company isn't fully staffed to do complete intel analysis and product generation, but we (USMC and Army) identified the need for an intelligence cell, at the coy level, in this fight before Kilcullen came around. Does his advice restate what we already know? In this case, yes, but you're still missing the point that the 28 articles are a framework for action as a unit prepares itself and then goes into the breech.

When Kilcullen is telling us to know what makes the local leaders tick, I think he is doing exactly what you think he has failed to do: get us to delve into the motivations of the locals. How you can miss that connection is beyond me, frankly.

Please don't throw the "strategic corporal" term around loosely. Have you ever shared a cigarette with one?

Do you know what a company intel section typically does? It is not a lot of analysis, but rather compilation, aggregation, and focused tasking to support collection. They do not mirror a S-2 section at the Bn level.