Rock I have always respected your posts, whether I agree or not, and this is one time I don't concur with your logic. In the end you may turn out to be right, but I (as if I have a vote) would be willing to accept that risk, as long as it is mitigated with the appropriate counterintelligence background checks and measures.

Osama Bin Laden has attempted to define this war as the world against Islam, and Islam against the rest of the world. Some of the posts I have seen here indicate we as a nation have took his bait hook, line and sinker. This whole conflict is about perception, and the perception I see is we're running scared of anyone who is Muslim. This is dangerous to us, not AQ. This attitude could force the "vast majority" of Muslims worldwide who are not on AQ's side to find areas of agreement. I remind you that Dearborn, MI is not in flames, unlike Paris was, and Paris of course is a proponent of penalizing Muslims with bias, job discrimination, etc. Paris created an Army for the Islamists to exploit.

Selil, I don't find it unusal at all to seek out required skills in recruits. Good corporations do it, the CIA, the FBI, and a multitude of other organizations focus their recruiting efforts based on their needs (not PC, but needs). I think most of us accept that we're working in complex human terrain, and in the current war we need people who can speak the language, understand the religion, and help us collectively shape perceptions. It would it find it strange if we didn't focus on recruiting "vetted" Muslims. Actually I would find it criminal.

I'll let this one go for awhile, I personally hope cooler heads prevail at the decision level.