Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
I don't think one's employment is comparable whatsoever to one's skin color, especially given that service is a choice (now) freely made. Nor do I think there is much of anything denied to servicemembers (I for one enjoy the 5 dollar movie tickets), and while the disparaging opinions of some may be distasteful, it is IMO not any different than general opinions expressed by military personnel about those who are perceived to not understand national service as it is packaged and sold by the military establishment.
Where do I need to move?

Goesh statement is accurate. People make impressions based off status, education, job title, dress, and the less political correct stuff (creed, color, and religion). When I changed command in Iraq, my IA CDR (one of the best that I ever worked with) initially insulted the incoming commander b/c he was african-american. Major Aziz assumed he was simply a private b/c of the color of his skin. Many Iraqis are racist towards african-americans. They did not get off to a good start. We sometimes forget/overlook these conceptual blocks.

v/r

Mike