Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
SWJ and on BCKS commenting about that our schoolhouses are generally focused on HIC.

I have a paper which will be published in a few months outlining the whole case, but the bottom line is that COIN is not currently mandated or integrated as a subject of military professional education. The educational system is a greater threat because right now it leads us to a repeat of our 1973-2003 educational deficit for this spectrum of war.

So in a sense, Gian is right, but so are many of the COIN crowd in stating that the institution has not changed for the long term. As soon as we have non-deploying combat brigades, HIC skills will resurrect.
Cav mate, thanks and I do get this.

I have no dog in this fight, except as a critic of the abuse of history and military thought, and your concern about the education system is clear and valid.

However, what would concern me is if COIN (The Security Mission) was deemed to a separate or special area requiring some special insight or education.

I submit it is not, and I further submit that the COIN-club are pushing that it is.

Everything we know about War and Conflict flows seamlessly between the combat mission and the security mission. They are one and the same, or two sides of the same coin (pardon the pun).