Thread: Why do liberal professors hate the military?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Meeting Dad ....

Hey Naomi, your recent saga gives me a chance to tell a "I don't know, but I've been told" story - told by JMM's mom.

When my dad got to come home for a bit before he shipped over for his Euro vacation, my mom and I met him at the railway station. So, we ran up to dad and mom said, Let's hug daddy. At that, JMM (then betwixt 1 & 2) yelled That's not my daddy - and ran under one of the benches.

I suppose it was the uniform - and also that he of the porcelain skin was several shades darker after baking some months in the Texas sun (the recessive French-Canadian, especially the Canadian, genes came to the fore).

All was not lost - mom and dad managed to talk me out from under the bench - and family life went on.

And, of course, JMM had to have his uniform - which mom made (see attached). So, your life experience with the military, or sans military, has everything to do with your perception of the person in uniform.

Still, re this:

"There's something about military guys that makes them very sexy, something about that uniform and their toughness makes them attractive. But they are also really scary cause they use guns."
    I've not found guys in uniform either sexy or scary - Is there something wrong with me ?

Naomi, very interesting thread, filling the need for a better civilian-military interface. Thanks for wading (diving) in.

Why am I doing this at 0900 on a day off - I could be sleeping.
    Attached Images Attached Images