Thread: Mathematics of War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Charlie don't surf

But, I do. I believe that we are at one of those times in history where the decisions we make will effect our future. It is simply a matter on how we act or react. For your consideration. This narrative is simply one way of looking at today's world.

v/r

Mike

I think you ought to know, dear brothers, about the hard time we went through in Asia. We were really crushed and overwhelmed, and feared we would never live through it. We felt we were doomed to die and saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God, who alone could save us, for He can even raise the dead. And He did help us, and saved us from a terrible death; yes, and we can expect him to do it again.
    -Apostle Paul and Timothy's letter to Corinth

Today's world seems chaotic, confusing, and uncontrollable- terrorism, economic upheaval, flu pandemics, insurgencies, narco-insurgencies, and failed/failing states. In these times of perceived crisis, some use fear to push individual agendas while others are overcome by greed and manipulate events for pursuit of gluttony. Conversely, leaders, commanders, and statesmen have taken action during these times to push projects of progress to better serve the common good.

We are in such a time now, and we need to consider how we will act. In the big ocean that scopes and frames what we call human history, time, matter, and space, waves ebbs and flow in a perfect pattern. Every generation or two, deep within the depths of darkness along the ocean's floor, the earth shifts and quakes in a bifurcation point, and the energy produced forms a tsunami.

We are in such a time now. It is neither good nor bad, better or worse. It just is. Paradoxically, today is the same as yesterday. It is simply a matter of how we feel and think about it.

The arithematics of life I suppose. If it is possible to measure nature in math, if it is possible to send a man to the moon and beyond, then it maybe possible to develop laws of social sciences if the creator allows us to see his equations.

Today, I see opportunity, but it is more than that- I am pondering and dreaming of the world that my great-great grandchildren will inherit. Will they be conscripted in an occupational army trying to maintain the American Empire? Will they work as social entrepeneurs trying to educate the illiterate, feed the hungry, house the homeless, and employ the unemployed? Will they live in a police state as the Department of Homeland Security attempts to control thoughts in fear of a terrorist attack? Will they be studying the former United States of America in their textbooks? I wander and wonder.

"But, My son, be warned: there is no end of opinions ready to be expressed. Studying them can go on forever and become very exhausting!" (Ecclesiastes 12:12 LB).
    Last edited by MikeF; 05-10-2009 at 06:42 PM.