Thread: Mathematics of War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't...

think like so (if it helps you individually, so much to the good):

from Larry
    I actually look at a military movement as a particle-wave, and use my understanding of a particle-wave or electromagnetic radiation, which could be wrong, as the model. The more I read about war and physics the more it looks like I am correct.
    But, I am also aware of the uncertainties and complexities of particle-wave theory (actually theories - and a compromise between the theories to yield a kludge which will work in most cases). So, perhaps your metaphor will work across orientations - if the recipient of your metaphor can understand it; and if your metaphor is indeed correct in its own field (quantum mechanics).

Why not simply say a military movement looks like so (see attached for one of many possible examples); and explain it in terms of what actually happens, why that happens, and what the pluses and minuses of the options are ?

Hugh Everett, who was more than brilliant (but more than a bit eccentric), made the jump from theoretical math and quantum physics to defense modeling, with quite a bit of success.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmm99; 05-12-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: add text and links